Front End WordPress Developer
Vuepoint is on the hunt for a key player to add to our team!
Vuepoint works with a wide range of clients that have various needs. So whether that's building them a custom WordPress website for their business or creating a mini-site for their next big campaign, a Web Developer at Vuepoint always has a new, exciting project to dive into.
A typical day in the life of a Vuepoint Web Developer starts at 9am with a lovely, Nespresso coffee. Chat with the team and choose the office playlist for the day to set the tone. Settle into your blue chair and check into Teamwork, our project management software, to see your tasks due for the day. The mocks for the latest web design project have been completed and approved and are ready for your handiwork. Really get in the "coding zone" and work on the task at hand by throwing on your Vuepoint issued bluetooth headphones and turn on your favorite tunes. Lunch time rolls around and it's a Friday, so your focus gets interrupted by an very important message from the team on Slack to decide where the team will tame their hunger! After much discussion, the perfect spot it chosen and afterwards the team grabs a sweet treat. You finish out your day by wrapping up any remaining tasks before settling into the weekend.
If this type of work and culture sounds like the perfect fit for you, keep reading to see if you fit the points below...
- Wordpress development skills
- 2+ years experience
- Ability to develop sites from mockups with precise detail
- Ability to provide time estimates for the implementation of features/functionality
- Team Player Mentality
- Understanding of web standards and development methodologies
- Researching skills and ability to recommend new technologies to enhance the user experience
- Familiarity with a variety of hosting environments
- Experience with eCommerce, Merchant accounts, and Paypal payment processes
- Experience with plug-in & module building
- Ability to function within a collaborative team environment
- Ability to produce robust code, with ample comments
- Ability to learn new languages and frameworks quickly
- Capacity to troubleshoot and suggest appropriate solutions
- Strong responsive web skills
- An online work portfolio or list of sites you've developed
Nice to Have...
- Comfortable with programming in MySQL
- Familiar with VPN
- Experience with project planning
- Familiarity with standard go live procedures
- Knowledge of Google Analytics
- Understanding of onsite SEO
- Familiarity with basic website speed optimization techniques
- Familiarity with Shopify, Bigcommerce, HubSpot, Joomla, Drupal, and/or Magento
- Experience with Google AdWords
- Organization Skills
Perks and Benefits
We do everything possible to make Vuepoint a great place to work.
- Creative Work Environment - built to make life easy and constantly improved.
- Commitment to Growth. We want to see our team members grow and expand their skills. We're committed to your long term future at the company and will help you improve and enhance your skills.
- In-house snacks and amazing espresso.
- Occasional Company Sponsored Lunches and Nights Out.
- We also go out to lunch every Friday as a team! Deciding where to go? That's the tough part.
Apply now by emailing us your resume, portfolio, and telling us a little about yourself.